[bookport] Re: BookPort 2.0

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 03:30:40 +0100

Hi Don and Cathey

I have just listened to the interview on ACB Radio's Main Menu show which is available on demand at www.acbradio.org.

Firstly, Lary did not make it clear whether the BP original would be continued to be updated. As far as I know, the desktop software will be updated to add new features like an RSS feed collecter and podcast manager. I can't see why the BP classic and the new machine can not share the same software application. I think the main differences between the two products will be in the hardware. Book Port 2 will be thinner, take a different type of card and have a built in speaker and microphone jack. Unfortunately, that was all Lary could tell us. I am rather annoyed also as I've just bought one of these BP machines second hand. I am undecided as yet whether to flog the one I just got and upgrade with the money I get or wait a bit to see how well it goes down with the VI community. As with many products there will inevitably be some teething problems as there were with the BP when it first came out. Cathey, don't despair, what you have will provide you with good service for many years to come. It is rugged, robust and reliable and shouldn't break with careful use and consideration.

All the best, Ibrahim Gucukoglu

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Barrett" <donter@xxxxxxxxxxx>