[bookport] Re: Book share/audible

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "'bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:07:40 -0600

You are asking us to compare apples and oranges here. Audible is audio books. Bookshare is in the Braille format and Daisy format. Each one has its own benefits. I download a lot of books from Bookshare that are on Audible, because after the yearly subscription is paid, it is a better value. I save my free monthly credits from Audible for books that are not on Bookshare. If you have both subscriptions, then you have the best of both worlds.

At 07:27 AM 11/7/2006, Steve Cook wrote:
Hi All,

Between Book share and audible which one of the two has more books for
downloading?

Thanks,
Steve Cook
Telecommunications Instructor/Trainer
SC Commission for the Blind
P O Box 2467
Columbia, SC 29202
Web Site: http://www.sccb.state.sc.us
Phone: (803) 898-8788
Fax: (803) 898-8852
E-Mail: stcook@xxxxxxxxxxx

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the Lord.