[bookport] Re: Book port, best player.

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:06:31 -0500

We have had discussions ad nauseam concerning the Unabridged project by NLS on this list. The files can be converted to MP3 so that they can be played on the BP, but you have to purchase a program such as Sound Taxi to do it. I no longer encourage its use, because the newest version crashed my computer. But... trying desperately not to open that proverbial can of worms again, to each his own.

At 10:05 AM 9/29/2007 -0500, you wrote:
I suppose you all don't know about the unabridged project. In short it is a web sight where blind persons who are receiving books from the national library service can sign-up to download digital books. I have been let to believe these books are in what is called wma format and, well, our bookport won't play them.

   Phil Parr.

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.