[bookport] Book Port questions

  • From: peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 05:15:33 -0600

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a Book Port and
wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Is there any kind of play list/shuffle play support for music MP3's? Does
the Book Port play all MP3's in series, or does the user have to restart the
machine after each MP3?

2. How good is the Book Port Spyder at selectively downloading links?

For example, I like to download the top ten articles from the International
Herald Tribune every day.

To do this, I have my browser go to:
<http://www.iht.com/topten.html> and then instruct the program
(Plucker for Palm) to download only those links beginning with
"http://www.iht.com/articles";. This cuts out all the useless links. Does the
Book Port Spyder have this kind of flexibility?

3. Is there any kind of pronunciation editor to tweak pronunciation?

4. Is OGG support planned for the future? This is a free format that can
make significantly smaller files than MP3, an important consideration for
flash-memory based devices.

5. Finally, is there/will there be any foreign language support (e.g.,
French, German, Spanish, etc.)

A friend of mine showed me his Book
Courier last week, and when I said I wanted to get one,
he said "There's a better unit available called the Book Port". The specs do
look really good.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Peter