[bookport] Re: Book Port Transfer - adding battery status info?

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 11:11:56 -0500

Peter:

I seriously doubt that there will ever be a way to read the battery status =
from Book Port Transfer.

>>> peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx 11/01/04 02:55AM >>>
Rich Ring wrote:

>Check it before you connect.

Well of course, I do that anyway. But since transfers to or from
the CF card in the Book Port put a substantial strain on the Book Port's
batteries, the "pre-connection" battery level is unlikely to accurately=20
reflect
the exact battery level of the Book Port during longer transfers, such=20
as folders
full of MP3s. And since CF cards are susceptible to writing errors due to
low-voltage conditions, there is always the risk of damaging the CF =
card=20
if ,
unbeknownst to the user, the battery level in the Book Port drops=20
precipitously
during a transfer.

Having the transfer software display the battery level information =
would=20
provide
the user with the information necessary to break off a transfer if  the=20
battery level
were suddenly to drop to a dangerously low level.

Peter