[bookport] Re: Book Port Problems

  • From: Clarence Whaley <clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:42:01 -0600

I would totally agree with you if APH twisted your arm and made you use the
beta software.  The nature of beta software is that there can and probably
will be issues, so it is something we do at our own risk and are willing to
revert back to production if too unstable.  I certainly agree with their
policy here; otherwise they would always be dealing with issues related to
beta rather than support production versions.

At 06:30 AM 11/22/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi everyone.  I am probably going to open a can of worms about this topic
>but here goes.
>
>I feel for Amy and Sharon and others who have come across strange behavior
>with their Book Ports.  I realize that the policy of APH is that those who
>participate in the beta testing program cannot and do not receive phone
>support.  In my opinion, this is not good.  There are times when an e-mail
>just won't do especially when I think that there are times when a problem is
>encountered that you need to be able to demonstrate the problem you are
>having and the written word just doesn't cut it.
>
>Other companies have customers test betas and take phone calls.  Isn't there
>some way where users could call Aph tech support?
>
>Thank you.
>
>Michael Massey

Clarence Whaley
Training Division Manager
GW Micro
E-Mail:  Clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx
Direct Voice (615) 383-6248
or 866-699-8901
Direct Fax (260) 489-2608
GW Micro Voice Number 260-489-3671
http://www.gwmicro.com
or press enter below to read all about our training program
http://www.gwmicro.com/training