[bookport] Re: Book Port Beta History?

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:30:43 -0500

I agree with you totally on that. By the way, whatever happened to the command to move forward in a text by large chunks, such as by 49 percent.

At 01:21 PM 7/26/2005, you wrote:

I would hasten to add, however, that it is human nature not to read
documentation.  I would further state that those on this list who appear
to be most knowledgeable have, in all likelihood, taken the time to do
just that.
I do not recall whether or not there was a Bookport mailing list when I
received my Bookport on August 13, 2003.  However, I found that after
reading some of the start up cassette, and subsequently reading the
on-board documentation, I was able to use the device well enough.
Although the Bookport and its accompanying software and firmware have
evolved and improved significantly over the past two years, I firmly
believe that reading the documentation is still an excellent formula for
acquiring knowledge.

-----Original Message----- From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sandy Licht Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 12:06 PM To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bookport] Re: Book Port Beta History?

When most people need help, they are not going to be patient enough to look at an FAQ. It would be the logical thing to do, but when, let us say, the Bookport isn't working properly, or perhaps it is just plain operator error, humans like to get information from other humans.

http://www.ogts.net
>Info on the Best TV Show of All Time: http://www.cornergas.com
>
>On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Barrett, Don wrote:
>
>>I think we need a FAQ as the same questions keep getting asked and
>>answered again and again, such as:
>>
>>How big a memory card will the book port take?
>>Where are the "What's New" files for the software and the firmware
located?
>>Who gets notified of new versions of the software and firmware?
>>What kinds of files will the BookPort support?
>>What navigation will I get with indexed versus unindexed files?
>>

>>I just think this will to a degree cut down on list traffic.
>>
>>Don

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a
hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in
earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A