[bookport] Re: Audio files not playing and Daisy 2 books not playing

  • From: zubair younas <qau_zubair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:28:19 -0700 (PDT)

  Hello Rader and everyone!

  I have also tried to send the 16 bit .wav and .mp3 files to the Book Port
device. These 16 bit files get transmitted through Book  Port software but the
device doesn?t give sound for these files. By pressing "5" key shows that these
file are being played but there is no sound.

  I?ve downloaded many .wav and .mp3 song files from the internet and tried to
play them to get the sound but no success. I also gave the device the .wav and
.mp3 files with different specifications like ?

  8kHz16BitMono.mp3
  8kHz16BitMono.wav
  8kHz16BitStereo.mp3
  8kHz16BitStereo.wav
  11kHz16BitMono.mp3
  11kHz16BitMono.wav
  11kHz16BitStereo.mp3
  11kHz16BitStereo.wav
  12kHz16BitMono.mp3
  12kHz16BitMono.wav
  12kHz16BitStereo.mp3
  12kHz16BitStereo.wav
  16kHz16BitMono.mp3
  16kHz16BitMono.wav
  16kHz16BitStereo.mp3
  16kHz16BitStereo.wav
  22kHz16BitMono.wav
  22kHz16BitStereo.wav
  24kHz16BitMono.wav
  24kHz16BitStereo.wav
  32kHz16BitMono.wav
  32kHz16BitStereo.wav
  44kHz16BitMono.mp3
  44kHz16BitMono.wav
  44kHz16BitStereo.wav
  48kHz16BitMono.wav
  48kHz16BitStereo.wav

 I?ve tried to play the audio files with the ?Send files as music? option
checked and also tried with this option unchecked. The 16 bit files get
transmitted but playing them does not give sound.

  Zubair Younas.

PAMELA RADER <PRADER@xxxxxxx> wrote: Hello:

Any audio files you send to the Book Port will have to be 16 bit, as
the software has prompted you.  The recorded memoes are handled
differently, so that is why they are lower.

When transferring Daisy 2.02 books, you want to transfer the file with
the "ncc.html" extension.  Note that we do not support Daisy 2.0.  Daisy
3.0 would transfer the OPF file.  By transferring these specific files,
then you'll get all of the correct audio.  Also, if the files are
variable bit rate files, they will not play.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> qau_zubair@xxxxxxxxx 04/25/07 08:24AM >>>
  Hello Everyone!

 The problem that I am facing since I got the Book Port device is that
I could not hear the voice of any .wav or .mp3 files on the Book Port
device. By pressing "5" shows that the file is being played.

 When transferring any 8-bit Mono audio file from PC to the Book Port
device through the Book Port Software gives the error "Only 16-bit PCM
uncompressed wave files are supported."

 Interestingly the recorded file that the Book Port device generates in
Memo folder is also 8-bit Mono file but its voice is easily heard when
played. The file recorded by the Book Port device has the following
specifications.

 Bit Rate-88kbps
 Audio sample size-8-bit
 Channels-1-(mono)
 Audio sample rate-11-kHz
 Audio format-PCM

  Secondly the Book  Port device does not play the Daisy 2 and 3 books
with audio. The Daisy 3 books without audio are properly played. But the
Daisy 2 books without audio are not properly played. I use the Book Port
Software to transmit the files from PC to Book Port device.

  If anyone can guide me to play the audio files on the device and to
help me to play Daisy 2 books on the device, it will be appreciated.

  Zubair Younas.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.