[bookport] Re: Audible.com books and Book Port

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:56:44 -0400

There are many many players that support only one or two of the audible =
formats.  We chose to focus our efforts on the highest quality setting =
thinking that our users would not put up with the lower quality settings.  =
Given the fact that the device supports removable media a very slick =
interface for sending only part of a file, and, as of today, time =
compression and pause removal to help reduce the size for those that want =
it, this seemed like a sound decision.  I did not realize there were so =
many files not available in type 4 format.  Does anyone have any numbers =
or titles that are not available in this format?

>>> albertgriffith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, July 21, 2004 9:52:46 PM >>>
How did it come to be that only format 4 could be downloaded?
----- Original Message -----=20