[bookport] Re: Audible vs. NLS

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 00:44:48 -0500

Some, if not most of Audible's narrators are better, too. At least better than the new batch of NLS's readers. I know it is incorrect to call them Audible's narrators... But... it is hard to beat guys like Livingston Gilbert, Burt Blackwell, Terry Hayes Sales, Dale Carter... Flo Gibson...

I am sure people have probably hacked Audible books or perhaps passed CD's of the books along to their friends. Remember, you buy the books from them, though. NLS is a library. I don't know what difference that makes, exactly. It possibly does.

At 04:13 PM 9/28/2007 -0500, you wrote:
Can anyone explain why and / or how Audible has managed to successfully
make audio-formatted books securely available securely to blind-users,
but that NLS has not been able?

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.