[bookport] Re: Additional sound following double beep

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:41:10 -0400

Curtis:

The unit should not normally beep without touching it. One thing that can =
cause this problem is static electricity when the Book Port is connected =
to other equipment. For example, if you have the unit connectted to a pair =
of wall-powered speakers, and you touch a metel handle on your desk and =
get a shock, sometimes the unit will wake up and give the double beep. =
Since it is summer, I doubt this is your problem, unless you are using the =
unit in a very dry environment.

Rob Meredith

>>> curtis@xxxxxxxxxx 09/26/04 08:10PM >>>
Often, when an audio file starts or stops, there is a click, but I've not =
heard any pop or click otherwise, and am also running the latest firmware. =
There is an oddity also with this BookPort, and that is, sometimes=20
without any prompting, a double beep occurs without anyone ever having =
touched the keyboard. I've listened and once in awhile, the unit will =
beep. Does the unit, by defalt, beep every 5 minutes, 10 minutes=20
without any prompting or touching of the keys?

Curtis Delzer
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:14:03 -0400, Lou Kolb wrote:

Hmm.  Interesting.  I'm not hearing it here at all and I'm also using the
latest firmware.  Lou
----- Original Message -----=20