[bookport] Re: Active Noise Reduction Headphones

I bought a pair at Radio Shack that sold for $19.95. They look a lot more flimsy than they are. They work well. I also have a pair of Jensen's that were around $40.00. These are a little bigger than the Radio Shack ones, but I bought them soon after I bought my Bookport two years ago. They still work very well.

At 12:05 AM 1/31/2007, Peter Torpey wrote:
Forgive me if this is a repost - I'm on the road and using a strange way of connecting to my e-mail. Thus, I'm not sure if my original post bounced or not.

Anyway, I tried to use my Bookport on an airplane for the first time yesterday. The background noise made it almost inmpossible to understand what I was reading, even with the volume turned up excessively loud. Now, in a hotel, I realize that the air-conditioner also makes a sufficient amount of background noise so that it is less relaxing reading a book thant it is around my normnally quiet home.

So, the question is, does anyone have a recommendation for active noise reduction headphones which might make reading more pleasureable (and/or possible) under these conditions? Some of my requirements might include:

1.  Relatively inexpensive
2.  Relatively small (so that they pack nicely
3.  Effecdtive in blocking out ambient noise

Also, do these things really work as well as advertised? Thanks for any recommendations and/or experiences which might be helpful in making a decision.
If you want to reply directly, my email address is:
Ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- Pete

Sandy Licht

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the Lord.