[bookport] Re: Active Noise Reduction Headphones

        I have used the far cheaper Sony noise reduction headphones, available
at Best Buy for $50 or so, with excellent results.  They don't quiet things
down as much as the Bows ones do, but when you're on a plane or in a bus,
which is where I need the noise cancelling feature, I still often want to
hear the announcements, or at least, know that an announcement is being
made, so I can pause my reading to listen.  The Bows headphones make it
almost too quiet, in my view, and they're certainly a lot of money, more
money than I can justify for something which knocks about with me on my
daily travels.
-Brian