[bookport] A newbie with a few questions

  • From: Karen Harshfield <karenh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:05:46 -0700

Hi group,

I'm a new user and I have had my BookPort for about a week and a half.  I
have run into a few things I can't figure out:

1. Queueing web pages from Internet Explorer or Spyder doewn't seem to work
when the BookPort is not connected.  If I'm connected, they will queue but
not send, which is OK.  But no queieing happens when I'm not
attached.  What am I doing wrong?  I determine what is queued by running
BookPort Transfer.  The Queued button is enabled or disabled.  If it's
enabled, I can see the list of queued files.

2. Using Spyder, I'm not clear on how to queue up muliple pages that are
links from a single parent page.  (I have grumblings about this ans some
other parts of the user manual, too.)  I select the last link in the links
box and click the End button (or Alt E) and then I choose the starting link
and either click Begin (Alt N) or do I click Go (Alt G) at that point?  In
either case only the first link seems to get queued.  If the DataPort is
connected, that is.  The user manual is not clear to me on what some of the
command buttons in the Spyder dialog box do.  Some buttons more than others.

3. Just how much is the BookPort battery used up when it's connected to the
computer?  A lot or some or a little?

4. The HRML version of the BookPort user's manual is kind of big and has
hung my sort-of-new computer a few times.  I know there's a text version,
but as I'm partially sighted, I find the formatting helpful to navigation
when reading it and referencing something on the computer.  Is there a
better way?  Or will I eventually memorize all this stuff anyway?

Thanks, and glad to be here!
Karen