[booklyn] Gary Hohenberger Sr.

To: "'Jane LeCroy'" <jane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Gary Hohenberger Sr.

Hello friends & family

My father died at 9:20 am this morning. This is just a note to you all who have been in communication with me about my father’s struggle with pancreatic cancer. It is over now and this is the obituary that will run in Sunday’s paper. Thank you for all your thoughts. My feelings are very complex, as was my relationship with my father.

-Jane LeCroy

Gary Frederick Hohenberger died at Calvary Hospital on October 19, 2007. He courageously fought pancreatic cancer for almost two years. Gary was born inRockland, July 11, 1951 to Jean (Hutt) Hohenberger (deceased) and Fred Hohenberger of West Nyack. He is survived by his children, Jane LeCroy, Gary Jr. and Rory; their mother Mary Alice; his grandchildren, Alice, Laszlo, Luc & Fritz; siblings Roger Hohenberger, Cathy Siragusa and Amy Ceconi; and many nieces and nephews. His brother Eric died in 1981. Gary leaves behind many loved friends and his dear friend Margaret Argentina. He was a member of many local bands including River Eel and Tracer. He was a senior alcohol counselor at St. Vincent’s Hospital Westchester and was also a PhD candidate ABD atYeshiva University. Because of his love of nature and woodworking, the family has requested memorial donations be made in his name to the ESF College Foundation, 1 Forestry Dr. Syracuse NY 13210. The wake will be held at Hannemann’s Funeral home in Nyack on South Broadway, Monday 10/22 2-4 and 7-9 and the funeral on Tuesday 10/24 at 10am at St. Ann’s church in Nyack.