[bookcourier] Re: Transfer Tool Problem

  • From: "Graham Lewis [gjl]" <gjl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 11:22:41 +0100

Deborah,
                 That does make sense.  I had assumed that creating filename
from the contents  of the file was a design decision, rather than a compromise.

I have always thought that Springer did an amazing job with the Bookccourier,
providing reliability and plain common sense design, well beyond what a small
business should be able to achieve.  There is not anything out thatere that can
touch the bookcourier for this.  I have a number of newer gadgets that do
similar things, but still rely heavily on the bookcourier for day-to-day text
reading.  It would be great if this could be released as an open source
software and hardware project akin to the mp3 player project that you are
involved in.  Sure the bookcourier was a great little mp3 plater too, but its
unique strengths were in the plain text reading aspect.

Graham Lewis
Co-ordinator, CDSAP.