[bookcourier] Re: Transfer Tool Problem

  • From: "Deborah Armstrong" <debee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 17:58:17 -0700

Yes, and I've tried with Jaws, WindowEyes and NVDA, on three different
computers. It doesn't actually hang, it just seems to be doing some
processing that takes forever. Go get yourself coffee and come back, and it
will take another keystroke.

The problem is that when you navigate to a new entry with arrow keys, it
appears frozen like a snow cone again.

I think what is happening is this: it's not looking at filenames. It is
opening each file to find out what book title that file refers to. It is
using some kind of poor algorithm to do this whose performance suffers when
there are a large number of files and directories to traverse in the tree. I
know how to program and I am sure it would take me some effort to figure out
a way to do this quickly.

--Debee

  _____