[bookcourier] Support for the BC.

  • From: Dan Rossi <dr25@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:32:46 -0400 (EDT)

I stand corrected. Katie Walker did not say that they would be ending support for the BC. Here is the message she sent to the list back in June, I pulled it from the archives. It only says that they are working toward new product development and therefore their focus isn't on the BC at the moment. We haven't heard from Katie since.

-----

   [bookcourier] Re: BOOKCOURIER UPDATE

        * From: Katie Walker <katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        * To: bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        * Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:07:33 -0700

   Hi everyone,

      I am still monitoring the list, but haven't seen a reason to jump in
      recently. As far as I can tell, you are helping each other. My
      approach is to wait a while to see if the group responds to a question
      before doing so myself. Sometimes I contact people off line to find
      out if they have solved their problem or to follow up on an issue that
      doesn't affect the rest of the group. If you submit a question or have
      a problem that the group hasn't been able to handle, you are always
      welcome to write to us directly at support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Regarding the future, we are working on new product development. As a
      result, we do not expect to spend much time working on BookCourier
      updates. While we did pursue an RFB&D filter a few months ago, the
      project has been stalled by some issues with RFB&D. Admittedly, given
      our change in focus, we have not put the effort into jumpstarting the
      RFB&D project. I'm sorry to disappoint the RFB&D members out there.
   Katie

      Katie Walker
      Springer Design, Inc.
      katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx