[bookcourier] Re: No further development of Book Courier?

  • From: Kris Van Hees <aedil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:11:44 -0400

In all fairness to Springer, I guess it is important to note that Katie did
not say that they were ending support on the BookCourier.  So there is some
hope for future updates, though it would be nice if there could be somewhat
more information on this (Katie?) since it's a lot of guesswork right now.

I definitely second the requests for (hopefully) getting source code to the
transfer tool and/or the firmware if Springer does decide to end active work
on supporting the BookCourier so the commmunity can support itself.  I do
hope that we hear from Springer on this, if only for the sake of those of
us who did purchase a BookCourier (and we all know they are quite expensive)
in the past few months, some even days before Katie's message.

        Kris

--
Never underestimate a Mage with:
 - the Intelligence to cast Magic Missile,