[bookcourier] Re: BATTERY QUERIES

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:14:02 -0000

BATTERY QUERIESIan,

I always charge my batteries four at a time, and I have the same type of
rechargeables as you.  Knowing how much you use your BC, I do not think you
will have a problem with the spare set losing any of their charge.  I know
that the Springer recommendation is not to rely on the percentage available
using rechargeables, but, if you assume that they start at around 80 percent
and gradually decrease, it is a pretty good guide as to how much use you
have left in your batteries.  It is probably true though that you need to
replace them when the percentage reaches say 20.  I have recharged only
partly used batteries, and have not noticed any problem, although I have not
been doing this for long.  I recall reading on a website recently about
rechargeable batteries that it is no longer critical to totally discharge
batteries before recharging them.  I am sure there are those who know more
on this subject than I do, but my understanding is that, unlike the old
rechargeables, you can recharge the NIMH batteries at any time.

If anyone knows more about this, then please tell us.

David