[bookcourier] Re: Amazon Kindle

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 08:35:54 -0000

Hi

Looking at the reviews of the Kindle there seems to be a lot you can't do
with it. Not all the menus speak. You need to help to set it up, you can't
purchase books direct from anywhere and it seems that navigation within
books is pretty poor. Basically once you have loaded the books you can
choose which one you want to listen to and then play it from start to
finish. You also have to contend with the fact that some publishers do not
make the speech active on their books. The Kindle PC application is
currently only available in the US.

Any of the Apple devices would serve you better. Plus there is almost
certainly an app available that will enable an Apple to play any format you
might come across - including daisy.

Steve