BCBC mail New club mailing list

  • From: "J.L. Thompson" <j_l_t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bluffcitybrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bluffcitybrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeff Kinzer <jeffkinzer@xxxxxxxxx>, Richard Heath <rjheath@xxxxxxxxx>, Doug Mengwasser <djmengwasser@xxxxxxxxx>, Delynn Byars <delynnbyars@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 07:31:34 -0600

All,
Here are details on a new mailing list that may give us a pretty solid upgrade
in this area, if we want to go this direction. Testing is almost complete, I
think it should work out. I created this 'setup' email we could send to the
club. It's got all the important links. See if you can signup and follow the
instructions if you want. We can test drive for a little longer before we go
public. I've set up the president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and
bluffcitybrewers@xxxxxxxxx as administrators. I can set up your officer
accounts as administrator as well.

thx
J.L.

(beer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) a new list (bluffcitybrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) has been
created that has more protection against spam, as well as user-configurable
options to customize to your preferences.

Couple of notes:
a) for the transition, all mail will be sent to both lists, so as you sign up
to the new list you can use the following link to unsubscribe from the old
list: http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/beer
b) the administrator can sign you up automatically if you want, just send an
email to bluffcitybrewers@xxxxxxxxx and ask to be signed up. Make sure and
reply to any messages from freelists.org to confirm signup.

To sign up on the new list (bluffcitybrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
1)sign up here: http://www.freelists.org/list/bluffcitybrewers
2)Enter your email address and hit 'GO'
3)You'll get 2 emails: a notification that you subscribed and a confirmation
email THAT YOU NEED TO REPLY TO to confirm subscription.
4)Post messages by sending to Bluffcitybrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To change your user settings, update your account and password (optional):
Once you are registered, you can log in and change your settings. Useful
options are
    a) remain 'unlisted' to everyone except the admin
    b) change options on the format of the emails you receive
    c) the ability to turn on 'vacation mode' if you are away from your account
and don't want to receive message
    d) unsubscribe easily.
1) Go to the WEB LOGIN screen at http://www.freelists.org/login.html
2) Enter your email, and LEAVE THE PASSWORD BLANK. Hit 'login'. The program
will send you an email with an authentication code
3) Once you follow the link in the email or enter the code, select the list
called 'bluffcitybrewers', make sure and fill in your password and hit 'CHANGE
PASSWORD'
3) you'll get a confirmation email that REQUIRES A REPLY.
4) every time you want to log in after that, go to
http://www.freelists.org/login.html and select 'bluffcitybrewers', and hit
'select list'
(Note: bookmarking these links makes it a lot easier)