[blindza] Re: windows 10 email program

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 13:28:07 +0200

Sorry, should also have already posted this link as well - on this page, you can find a download for the version of outlook express:

http://www.whitestick.co.uk/download.html

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2017-01-16 13:01, Jacob Kruger wrote:

I also have archived folders of thousands of mails, relating to all sorts of subject matter, and, thunderbird took a short while to get used to, but, it works alright - invoke context menu to find the move messages menu items.

Outlook has never been something really liked using, and, FWIW, to import various mail formats into thunderbird, I installed the relevant add-ons, etc., but anyway.

Like said, main thing was just getting used to working slightly differently with thunderbird, making a couple of settings changes, relating to toolbars, views, etc., but anyway.

However, to install mail and calendar - think this is the right one, if you want to give it a try, maybe open this page in edge, or another browser, and, then click on the open store button to then proceed with installing it - the interface of store sucks, but, good luck...<smile>:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/mail-and-calendar/9wzdncrfhvqm

Good luck

On 2017-01-16 12:30, Daleen wrote:

I have tried thunder bird a while ago and found it very sluggish. Also I couldn’t move with a shortcut key my messages into other folders.

So I am still stuck with outlook 10 and am not happy with it. It does not backup correctly and I have lost mails.

I have thousands of mails that I import into my currant program and don’t know if that is the problem with either or what.

On 2017-01-16 11:52, Daleen wrote:

    Hi all

                    I remember hearing about this email program
    working well for us?  Do I download it from the apps store?

    And what is the name please?

    Thanks

    Daleen