[blindza] Re: Website design

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BlindZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:38:04 +0200

Seems fine to me.

I like the relatively simple layout, and the fact that main page content starts
off with a heading.

Not sure about your colour schemes/font sizes for visually impaired users since
I'm literally a B1, and jaws generally returns the virtual buffer formatting if
I use something like jaws key + F, but I have also, FWIW on one site
implemented a way for people visiting the site to actually increase font size
in the style sheet option, since this is something I found on a few other
websites, but I implemented that using a little bit of server side code, so is
a little more than just straight web design as such, and would most likely
maybe be simpler to just have different versions of the same content if that
was relevant to someone, but, like said, really not sure how important
something like that is, since it's something I can't really test drive as
such...<smile>

Anyway, I specifically like the facts that you have a skip to main content
link, have your navigation links in lists, have main content start with a
heading, and the one or two graphics there do seem to have alt tags defined -
this is all in just a very short test drive as well.