[blindza] Re: Talks v5.2 released

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:31:44 +0200

Really not too sure about talks registration, which I know was previously
definitely linked to IMEI number, but anyway...

Anyway, with loadstone, firstly go through the getting started documentation
page on their website:
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/docs/manual/

And aside from that, I started off playing with it in my garden - in navigation
mode, if you hit the # key it will let you save a point, and use the from
commencement menu item if standing still since that will try to work around gps
drifting, and in navigation mode hitting select key will generally tell you
nearest point it thinks you are heading towards, and you can also tell it to
auto announce only checkpoints in a list of points for a specific route etc.,
and in exploration mode you can literally explore your points without moving
yourself.

Aside from that I have a few different databases with different sets of points
for different areas etc., and I'll also send you a sort of text file to place
in root folder of loadstone installation which will give you a few items under
online tools, like address searching, etc., but will send that off list.