[blindza] Re: Installing programs on phones.

  • From: <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 08:53:44 +0200

I specifically make use of loadstone, free GPS software along with either
my N82 and it's built in GPS, like your 6210, or with my 6680 and an
external Holux M1000 bluetooth unit.

http://www.loadstone-gps.com/

While loadstone doesn't really come with maps etc., you can create your own
checkpoints, and link them into routes etc., and since it's specifically
meant to be used by VI pedestrians etc. it does work better in some
situations as such <smile>

Interms of installing/downloading that voice, while I'll just say that
actually prefer the UK voice myself, you could try browsing to that websit
eon your phone, since on my N82 I can actually browse the web, and try
downloading it directly?

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 06:39:42 +0200, "Boshoff, Deon (GP Health)"
<Deon.Boshoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Interesting, this about installing programs on cell phones.  Makes me
> wonder what's hiding on it, as many of the things that are on there, is
> hidden.
>
> Anyway, have just started using the Nokia Navigator 6210, and I am
> impressed with it, as I can now save many text, or mp3, books on it, so
I,
> as a lover of reading, can now always have lots of books on my phone,
which
> Talks read out to me.
>
> The GPS is another thing; the phone cannot yet tell me when something
dares
> to get in my way of destruction.  Still playing around with it.
>
> The problem lately, is that my Service provider these days has decided to
> install the UK voice of Eleguance, rather than the US version, which I
find
> better.  Now, this was a little problem I could easily solve by
downloading
> the US version when I was using the N70.  But, when I tried to do it for
> the 6210, my computer does not want to allow me, saying something like
> "Burst Technologies  is regarding this as chat"
>
> This should be a small file, called something like: "Eleguance 3rd
> 4...sisx".  I need the US version [American]
>
> Would it be possible for any of you guys to download it for me and e-mail
> it to me?  [www.nuance.com\talks\support]
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Deon [G. Boshoff, BA[Stell]UDC[Potch]
> WESKOPPIES HOSPITAL SWITCHBOARD
> Tel:            0123199735
> Mobile:         0829699571
> Fax-to-Email:   0865101295
> Fax:            0123277076
> Bleeper: 0123199820, code 0002
> E-mail:
> Deon.boshoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Deon.boshoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Disclaimer:<br><br>
> This message may contain confidential information and is intended only
for
> the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
> disseminate,
> distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by
> e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail
> from your
> system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or
> error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed,
> arrive late or
> incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept
> liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this message,
which
> arise as a
> result of e-mail transmission. The Gauteng Provincial Government does not
> take responsibility for Gauteng Provincial Government users' personal
> views. Gauteng
> Provincial Government services available online at:<a
> href="http://www.gautengonline.gov.za/";>www.gautengonline.gov.za</a>
---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za