[blindza] Fw: Historical Access Preservation Project

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 07:00:10 +0200

This might be of (at least minor) interest to some people.

----- Original Message ----- For many years, I've wished that there was a site, not only with
information on older software and hardware, but where I could at least
find the software for download.  Well, it's here and better than I
ever dreamed possible!

http://allinaccess.com/happ/

I found it tonight while looking for VocalEyes.  Not only are they
collecting the demos of older software, but they're actively seeking
to contact the people who own the rights to all of this adaptive
software in the hopes of either having it released as freeware or open
source or of allowing people to register it.  I can't stress this
enough.  If we want to save this great technology, we must act now!
If you're interested, please pass this on, join their mailing list,
and if you have any software that might be of interest, let them know!
The more these companies see that we're serious, the more they may be
willing to help us.  If you're the creator of older adaptive software
or hardware, please consider sending an upload to them of the software
or of the information for the hardware, or at the very least, allowing
users to once again buy and/or register your product if it's software
or selling on a first come first serve basis if you have a few pieces
of hardware left.

With appreciation,
Eleni

database 5558 (20101023) __________