[blindza] Re: [Blind] Cooking etc.

  • From: <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:42:47 +0200

The weber sounds good as well, and do still also have a large electric
frying pan, but haven't really tried it out too much as of yet.

Nicest thing is since got the smaller folding grid, it actually fits
perfectly on top of the counter top grill so don't even have to worry about
it's location as long as I make sure I place the meat correctly in it
before closing it, and there I generally just poke the meat with a fork to
feel the texture through it to see when its cooked through, since don't
even have to open grid then.

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 07:29:48 +0200, "Carel Ewald" <cewald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi J,
>
> Jip, must say, the first thing any blind person in S.A. should be told
> about
> is to use a folding grid when having a braai. I struggled for about 6
> months
> before I was told about the folding grid and never looked back since.
> Obvious stuff but for some reason never thought about that.
>
> The other thing I figured out for myself was to Weber (kettle braai's).
> This
> works extremely well as I measure temperature by sounding of the
crackling
> (fat boiling) inside the weber. One learns how much briquettes one should
> put for chicken, pork roast, sheep roast etc. Being a charcoal driven
oven,
> it works wonders for the big black mushrooms with cheese and garlic,
> veggies, mielies etc.
>
> Regards,
>
> Carel Ewald
> Redfoot Enterprises