[blindza] Best practices for teaching disabled children, learners and students.

  • From: "Tony Webb" <tony.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BLINDZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 06:57:52 +0200

Dear List,
I would like to know whether there are any published 'best practices' for
teaching disabled children at home and at ECD Centres, disabled learners at
primary and high schools, and disabled students at tertiary education level.
This request relates to all disabilities including physical, vision, hearing,
communication, learning, multiple, emotional and intellectual.
I am not referring to pie-in-the-sky policies and visions, but to practical,
hands-on guidelines for how to do it in the home, crèche, classroom and lecture
hall.

The best analogy I can offer are our national specifications for the
accessibility of buildings (ramps, doorways, toilets etc) and other parts of
our physical environment.

Regards,
Tony Webb,
The.Sponge Project, Port Elizabeth.
+27-41-368 3707, Mobile +27-82-290 3764,
tony.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxx,    http://thespongeproject.yolasite.com