[blindza] Re: Another solo bike ride today

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 08:43:53 +0200

Hettie, that would really be up to you, but, I would also insist that you had decent protective gear - for my first two rides, I wore full leathers, etc., and, for the last two offroad rides, at least wore jeans, a leather jacket, gloves and a decent helmet...<smile>

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2016-12-04 22:05, Hettie wrote:

Wanna give me a lift?

I had 3 bike rides in my life:

The first was at the back of my cousin's bike. My brother was shocked and crossed as those days only "Sheilas" ride at the back with a man in front.... I enjoyed it.

The second was on a friend's Harley Davidson when he took turns giving us lifts on his new toy. I was surprised at the comfort of the seat. I enjoyed that too.

The last was at the back on a quad bike on a farm. I was a little nervous as we drove on rather uneven farm roads. But I enjoyed the ride too.

Hettie

Ag, it was fun, and, no, besides the one scratch on my hand, there was no damage - and, yes, while had jeans on along with decent doc marten boots, I had a decent leather jacket on, with proper armour inserts, and, a decent helmet, and, was wearing good quality biking gloves when was actually riding myself...<smile>

On 2016-12-03 20:44, Hettie wrote:
The champ blind bike rider.... As long as you enjoyed and don't have any serious damage to bike and man, go for it.

Hettie

On 2016/12/02 11:34 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Took a solo ride on a full-on off-road motorbike again today.

On the way to riding area - just off a form of resort in Magaliesberg - we went down, since think the bike wasn't meant for two people on a single-person offroad bike, and with no passenger footpegs, so think the rear-end bottomed out, or something, but, no damage/worries there, besides a bit of a scratch on my one hand, since didn't have gloves on yet, but, nothing major.

Anyway, rode around an area approximately the size of a rugby field, and it was full-on bundu-bashing - level area, but, fully uneven, and, ended up doing roundabout 2km overall, riding solo with guys talking to me via cellphone, and, only stopped off roundabout 4-5 times, in total, with them just telling me to head roundabout 15, or 30 or 90 degrees to left, or right, during ride, and, got up to second gear at one stage, but, bike wouldn't coopperate then when tried to change direction, so dropped back down to first gear.

Main thing was not trying to control handlebars too firmly - let them flex, or jump a bit, etc., and maybe rather control bike with balance/body-weight, or something, but, yes, overall, went well, and, now, at just after 11PM, am still smiling... ;)

Once a biker, always a biker!

Jacob Kruger

Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za

---