[blindza] Another bit of cooking tried out today

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:40:42 +0200

I was baking frozen pies in any case to make some space in my freezer etc., and had these frozen burger patties there, so thought would try out something else there as well.

Basically, for the pies, I preheat the oven to around 220 degrees centigrade, spray some spray and cook on the pan, put the pies into the oven for around 22-25 minutes, and take out pan, and done, but thought might as well try something simple with burger patties, since while would generally just fry them in a normal frying pan, using bike gloves to make sure they are laid out properly, and to try bending them with small tongs to see when reckon they're nicely cooked, I just thought maybe this whole baking process would be worth a try, and it's somewhat simpler/less attention required than frying.

Anyway, just put frozen burger patties in the pan next to pies after spray and cook was sprayed into pan and smeared out a bit of olive oil on top of them to carry out a form of frying while baking them, and put the pan in the oven for the standard timing for the pies, took the whole thing out and let it cool down a bit before breaking a small sample piece off the one burger patty, and it in fact seems to have come out pretty perfect.

Only thing sort of missing is that normally while frying them you might add other bits of spices as part of the process, but can always add other ingredients to them when preparing to eat them, and I suppose this is also a little bit healthier than actually frying them...even though in a real non stick frying pan you wouldn't really need more than spray and cook in the pan either, but anyway...

Lastly, to put the pan into and take it out of the oven, I just make use of a standard dishcloth, and make sure there are open spaces on my stone chopping block to put it when take it out without having to hold on to it for too long.

database 4876 (20100218) __________

http://www.eset.com

---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za