[blindwoodworker] Re: Early wood vs Late wood

  • From: "Tom Hodges" <tomhodges@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindwoodworker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:21:25 -0500

You?ve got it right.  Newport, Kentucky has had a colorful past.  Back in
the 1930?s through the 1960?s this city was full of gambling, prostitution.
Dancing girls, mafia influence, etc.  When I was in high school in the early
sixties, Us kids could get a beer or alcohol at any bar in town.  If you
could reach the bar, you could get a drink.

Where are you ocated and how did you know about our little town.?  There are
a few books that tell about us.  One is Mafia wife and the other is the
Bicintennial history of Newport Kentucky.

Tom Hodges, Newport, Kentucky