[blindreplay] Re: website down?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:19:13 -0400 (EDT)

Robin

As I guessed, WXYT, via the Media Guide, failed to work for me.

The problem, I discovered with WXYT, is not listening to WXYT (a whole bunch of
sources brought me playing streams), but locating streams that not only would
launch but would also record in Replay AV.

The urlfinder, as I traversed the various online station databases, found
several potential candidates.  Several failed, upon subsequent trying to launch
on their own, until I came to this one:

http://www.vtuner.com/vTunerweb/mms/m3u17808.m3u

which was found through

www.vtuner.com

This will both play in Replay AV as well as record in background.

While Replay AV failed to pick up this link:

http://64.235.213.161/WXYTAMDIALUPCMP3

which I found in the stream info gathered by Real Player which opens up links
and files for me with the .mp3 extension,

testing showed that this will work in Replay AV both for tuning and recording.

So, to sum up, go into Replay AV's Add Show Manually"
option, and paste in either of the following stream urls:

http://www.vtuner.com/vTunerweb/mms/m3u17808.m3u

or

http://64.235.213.161/WXYTAMDIALUPCMP3

Incidentally, I had a similar problem several weeks back when attempting to
find a workable url for WBBM, Chicago, NewsRadio 78 which is another CBS owned
and Operated station.
But, after trial and error, I did finally locate an url.

Just remember, there are plenty of other great station databases out there (in
addition to the targeted station website), you have a powerful tool in the Url
Finder, and that other players that launch also have the ability to tell you
the link of the stream they're playing.
Use any or all of these tools and odds are very good that you will come up with
something that will do what you need it to do.
Unlike some other recorder/tuners, Replay AV isn't dependent on its own station
database.

                 Mike