[blindreplay] Re: wakeup question

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:30:06 -0400 (EDT)

The way I do this is by scheduling a task to wake up the pc from
hibernation.
That's how my pc is set to begin its day each day waking up, and then
recording scheduled streams in RAV.
How you may want to do this may be determined by the anomalies of your pc.
As an example, on my home desktop, it is set to go into hibernation at a
given time each night.
The hibernation sometimes fails to occur, due to processes running, so I
now have the pc reboot prior to the hibernation.
In the morning, just before 4 am  (and 5 am on Sundays) the pc wakes
itself up.
Then I also have a task set to make certain RAV is running.

You really have to play with the pc in question to see how it responds to
scheduled tasks, how your speech synthesizer responds to wakes up, and all
the rest.
On an older pc, which I use when traveling or as a back up, scheduling is
somewhat different due to how the pc responds to things.
For hellp with using the pc's task scheduler,, I'd suggest posting a
question on an active list such as Blindtech

blindtech-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

as there are some 1200 folks there with all sorts of experience levels.
It took me a while to get things reliably squared away.
The keys is to have the pc running at the needed times and, as Ron noted,
making certain RAV is running to do its job.

-----

              Mike

If I walk with the world, I can't walk with God.
Dwight L. Moody