[blindreplay] Re: using jaws, how to schedule a recording to repeat every week or every day

  • From: "Kelly Pierce" <kellytalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:21:19 -0500

It iThe repeating option is available in Replay A/V version 8X.
However, it is necessary to use the JAWS review cursor to access it.
The option cannot be accessed by tabbing. To enable a repeating
schedule, I land on the "schedule once on" option with my tab key. I
then route my JAWS cursor to this location and then use the down arrow
and right and left keys to find the word "repeating." I then route the
PC cursor to the JAWS cursor, placing focus on this option and at the
same time selecting it. The days of the week can now be selected or
all weekdays as usual.

Kelly

On 7/17/07, joanne <houseofmusic3345@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Trying to give you an idea what I'm wanting to do and hope subject line was
clear, but here's what came up in a conversation with a sighted friend and
I'm not sure we can do this using Jaws.  I was teaching my friend what I
know about this program, and, while I did give him some basics of getting
started, he shared something with me that I didn't know--he said I didn't
have to go in, every week, to change the date manually to record a program
that I know will be on weekly at the same time.  I'm not referring to the
shows or podcasts; I'm referring to, say, wanting to record a particular
program off a radio station that I know always comes on at same time and on
same day.  Again not a show listed in guide, because I know that the shows
in the guide are set to automatically capture at the show's given time.  I'm
referring to a program like, say, a certain deejay's show on ACB Interactive
or a few hours from a station that shows every week or every day at a given
time.  I thought in these situations I had to manually change the date each
time, but he says there's a setting whereby you can check a box that says
repeating and it brings up the days of the week and you check the day or
days you want the station to capture.  I have seen these weekdays when
looking at my podcasts, or when looking at scheduled shows from the guide,
but not when simply setting a record timer for recording a few hours from
one of the listed stations.  Whether I arrow to record once on or to
unscheduled, I don't see this repeat checkbox.  I am using Jaws 7 and 8 and
Replay 8--but can go back to 7 if this feature shows in 7, which is actually
the version of Replay that my friend has.  Just wondered if, like the
sighted, we have a way of setting this up like a VCR-type timer, or if the
repeat and weekday buttons are not yet accessible to us.