[blindreplay] Re: thanks for the help

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 03:36:33 -0800 (PST)

John
Great job there. Yes you can minimize Replay AV 8 and there are
2 ways you can do it:

1. With Replay AV 8 up and running and in focus you can tab to
the minimize button within the program and press your spacebar
key. You have minimized Replay AV.

2. Or you can do a Windows logo key plus M and this minimizes
Replay AV.

There is another way but you have 2 ways of minimizing.

Note: When you minimize Replay AV it appears in both your
taskbar and system trays.

To go to the taskbar with JAWS you can do a:
insert+F10

To go to your system tray with JAWS you do a:
insert+F11

Or you can tab to the taskbar or system trays.

As for your resources question 512 mb should be enough. I think
where Replay AV 8 uses the most resources is when it is
converting your audio recordings to another format like from
.asf to mp3.

My advice is to test your machine to see how much it can handle.
Start with 1 test recording and move up to 4-5 recordings that
occur at the same time period like 5 recordings from 1:00-2:00
PM and for the recordings to be converted from .asf to MP3 32
kbps.

Be in front of the computer when you test it so you can see what
happens.

Do not do CD burning or ripping when recording with Replay AV.
Don't use Nero is what I mean. Do your burning/ripping when you
are not using Replay AV.

 Another tip here. When you have minimized Replay AV you can
bring it back in focus with the alt+tab. That is hold down the
alt key and then keep pressing the tab key until you hear Replay
AV is announced by JAWS. You can use insert+t to hear the title
of the opened program or document.

Petro