[blindreplay] Re: some stations' URL's not working in replay AV

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:51:21 -0700 (PDT)

The .flv files are flash video files. You can use Replay AV 8
URL Finder tool to find the actual listen stream URL and then
add this URL you found with the tool to Replay AV's edit show
properties. The standard dialog you see where you add show name,
start and end times for your recordings.

Some stations do use embedded players like BBC does.

When you are at a listen link on a website or like at
www.billsparks.org, tab to the link and then do a application
key, choose t to copy the listen URL to the clipboard. Then open
up Replay AV 8, press application key, choose n, for enter new
show, the edit show properties dialog box appears which allows
you to manually add a station. Enter show name, tab to the URL
edit box and paste the copied URL with ctrl v.

Go to the schedule tab and set your recording times.

Check the newly added stream by going to your Replay AV 8
listbox by pressing application key then pressing t for tune to
stream.

Give me 3 stations call letters so I can see if I can get the
stream URLs for you. I want to see others participating here. I
will wait until Wednesday or Thursday to post my findings for
you.

It is your mailing list.

My guess is your getting the wrong URLs on those websites.
youtube.com uses .flv streams for the videos.

List some stations. I will check the Canadian station for you.

If you have .flv files on your hard drive a user said he can
play them back with Winamp. I use Applian's FLV Player (Flash
Player). It's a free download on their site. It comes with
Replay Media Catcher.

Note: The Applian FLV player has some shortcuts like ctrl o for
open dialog to loacate your files on the hard drive, space bar
to pause and play the .flv file while in play mode.

This player has no buttons labeled though. I am trying to get
this changed for us. I use JAWS 9.

My blog has the other shortcuts for FLV player.
http://blindreplay.blogspot.com