[blindreplay] Re: some stations' URL's not working in replay AV

  • From: "Joanne" <houseofmusic3345@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:22:25 -0400

My thanks to both of you. I'm testing the CHAM now and appreciate your help. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 7:42 PM
Subject: [blindreplay] Re: some stations' URL's not working in replay AV

Super job there. I have a big smile here.

I shortened the URL for JoAnn. I did notice one thing different
from your long URL from mine. Yours had .91 at the very end
while mine has - .63

http://38.99.162.178/cham?fromflash=1&magicRandomValueToTrickSillyFlash=4515189728699.63

Job well done.
--- pasquale acquaviva <noahpeal73107@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Joanne,

I just checked CHAM, and found that its current link
is:

http://38.99.158.108/cham?fromflash=1&magicRandomValueToTrickSillyFlash=6169682359322.91

Be careful when copying this link, inasmuch as it
wraps to the next couple of lines

I have WMP10 together with Adobe's latest version of
flash, and I am listening to the station over WMP10.

I don't know whether the link is a dynamic link that
changes after you have selected and activated it, thus
rendering this particular link useless, but you and
everyone else must realize that links to radio
stations on the net are notorious for changing their
links faster than any one service can possibly keep
track of them.  Sometimes, the best possible way of
determining the new link for listening to any
particular radio station is to do a Google search for
the new link.  The search is not guaranteed to be
successful 100 percent of the time, but that's one of
your only methods of recourse in this sort of
situation.  I hope this has proven to be of some help
to you.

Regards
- --
Pat Acquaviva