[blindreplay] Re: rm 6 and audio interference by Jaws

  • From: Jeffrey Wilson <jwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 19:38:46 -0700

Windows 8.1 has new security "features" which will interfere with the Audio
Driver in RM6 as well as Replay Media Catcher 5 and Replay Radio 9. For all,
Secure Boot needs to be turned off in the BIOS in order to pull audio out of
programs. I am unsure if this is possible to do using your screen reading
programs.

Petro's suggestion of using a second USB sound card might get around the issue,
but this is not something that we test at Applian. You might need whoever sold
you the computer to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS.

Jeffrey Wilson
Applian Technologies, Inc.

On Jul 4, 2014, at 3:00 PM, "GW Cox"
<gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

All I get is Jaws when I try Replay Music 6. Windows 8.1. I was considering
that new update offer. Remove everything Replay and start all over again, but I
haven’t read anything that reinforces this move. Jerry