[blindreplay] Re: rm 6 and audio interference by Jaws

  • From: Jeffrey Wilson <jwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 06:09:28 -0700

Bob,
I suspect that the behavior is different due to a change in settings. Replay
Music has an Audio Driver and a Windows Audio Driver. The Audio Driver can pull
audio out of specific applications which would prevent system (and JAWS) sounds
from being grabbed. However, this Audio Driver can have conflicts with other
software. The Windows Audio Driver has no conflicts, but it grabs all audio.

I recommend trying the Audio Driver in Replay Music. If you notice any
problems, you might want to try the audio recording functionality in Replay
Media Catcher 5 instead if you are on Window 7 or before. Windows 8 requires
some additional BIOS configuration.

Jeffrey Wilson
Applian Technologies, Inc.

On Jul 4, 2014, at 2:38 AM, "Bob C."
<robert-c@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:robert-c@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     How can I record with Jaws and RM  6  without getting JAWS along with the
audio I'm trying to capture?
 In earlier versions of  Replay Music It didn't  matter if I moved around the
screen.  Replay would  not  interfere. Now  Jaws is picked up with  anything I
record.
I'm  using JAWS  15 and RM 6.
      Isn't there a better way to get a clean recording with Replay  Music than
 having to disable system    sounds every time I use the program?
   And why is it that it worked   so much better in older versions?  Is it
JAWS?   Or is it Replay Music that accounts for the problem? ?