[blindreplay] replay problem that was not related to replay

  • From: "rs_denis" <rs_denis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:15:34 -0400

I recorded two shows this weekend and went to play them. They were saved as MP3 files. Both came out with static making them almost inaudible and certainly nothing one would want to listen to for more than a minute or two. I assumed the problem came in the recording session perhaps from the stations of origination. I deleted the files but fortunately, left them in the recycle bin for a bit. I then played an older recording which I knew was good and heard the same static. After much wallowing around in various settings (most of which remain a mystery to me) I found that something had changed settings in the audio portions of my sound reducing the acceleration and sampling to their lower rates. I had no idea what did this, but restored them to their highest settings. The old recording now played as it should. I restored the deleted files from the recycle bin and they both played perfectly. The moral of this experience is simple, if you make a recording and it comes out poorly, don't immediately think that something went wrong with the replay recording. I should mention that the settings affected were in the performance tab of audio settings in windows SXP home. Other factors can interfere with playback. Ron Denis