[blindreplay] Re: recording archived shows of This American Life

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:01:47 -0700 (PDT)

Yes you can use Quick Record to capture the archived audio. Disadvantage is you
must hear the archived audio stream through your speakers which Dean doesn't
want. Replay Media Catcher is best for this situation. It will capture both
audio and video streams. You play the streams for 10 seconds ans stop them and
RMC does the rest for you. It does a very nice job tagging the streams also.
That is it does name the captured streams correctly. It claims it can capture
like 75 percent of the streams on the net. I have written to the developer to
see why it isn't capturing those archived audios at This American Life. I use
Replay Media Catcher to capture some files with no issues.