[blindreplay] Re: doesn't the converter convert OGG files?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:31:26 -0500 (EST)

ne
Something just came to mind as I reread your comments.
Are you sure that the ok button was executed.  When I did my first test
conversion this morning, I sat around for a minute or so with no results.
Then, using Window Eyes, I used my mouse keys and noticed that it was
still seeking an ok for the conversion though I had previously hit the
space bar on it.
Once I clicked the button with the mouse key, the conversion was finished
in a matter of seconds.
So look around on your screen and make absolutely certain that it is not
looking for a confirmation or something.

Petro, however, raises another valid point here, Joanne.  If these are
going to a data disk, there may be no reason to do the converting
unless the recipient is intending to play the files on a stand alone mp3
player.
Getting the file to play automatically should be acomplished by making
certain that the .ogg file type is assigned to a player that can handle
it.
in checking my current desktop machine, it has been assigned by the system
to Winamp.

I was able to play the .ogg file in both WMP10 and Winamp 5.35 without a
problem though
RP10 didn't like it.