[blindreplay] Re: capture stream or not

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 03:16:32 -0800 (PST)

Pam
You are doing just fine.

The URL you posted I am 99 percent sure is a Real Player stream
and not WMP type. This used to be the case with .smi extension.

You must have Real Player 10 on your computer for it to play
back that .smi stream.

I don't have Real player on this computer to test this for you.

What I would do is if you have Real Player already on your
computer is go to the station in the listview box, applications
key, choose properties. Tell it that the URL is Real Player
instead of WMP.

Other way is to do the URL finder all over again on the station
you want and see if it has a WMP URL .asx or starts with mms://
the URL within URL finder.

Another way is to go to the stations website and find a WMP
listen live URL link.

It depends but most of the time this will work.

Be on the listen live link. With JAWS do a insert+F7, press tab
key, then spacebar. Then do applications key. Press "T" for copy
shortcut.

You have copied the URL.

Simple test: If you use Internet Explorer browser, Press ctrl+O,
the address bar edit box appears, Press ctrl+v and the copied
URL listen link will be there.

Press Enter key. The stream will start playing.

Just for you know. Some stations hide the stream link, some use
javascript and so on. Having and using the URL finder extracts
the listen links for you. Best I can explin it here.

I will see if I can find the WMP stream for you later today. I
have to help my mom today.

Petro