[blindreplay] Re: capture stream or not

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 13:35:22 -0800 (PST)

Do you have broadband type connection? Can you list 2 stations
that break up with their listen stream URLs addresses on this
list and I will test it via stream capture for you.

The best way to tell if stream capture is not working is to pay
attention to the station in your listbox (listview), you will
see capturing and how long it has been recording for you. Say
you set it to record for 3 hours at 3 PM and when you look at
the station in the listview at 4 PM you should see 1:00:00 or
something like this - meaning it has been recording for an hour.
But if you see 20:00 - 20 minutes after an hour has gone by then
it for shure has split the recording or the station's stream was
down or busy. You may also be recording a station or stations
that don't allow the stream capture method.

The other thing you can do is to see how your stream capture is
going is to go to the folder where your recordings are saved.
Usually the default folder is "recordings". Go to the station
folder and open it and pay attention to it - the file or files
being made. Press F5 key to refresh. Do not try to make any
changes while RAV 8 is recording into any folder or when RAV 8
is running.

It's a trial an error thing. You will know over time that a
particular station can't be recorded via stream capture.

If you are adding stations via the manual method and they don't
work - always try the Replay Media Guides's Add a station by
searching for the station and choosing add button to see if they
work better for you.