[blindreplay] Re: Your comments needed on Replay AV 8

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:02:37 -0500 (EST)

You are far too worried about TJ.  It's pretty clear from reading his msgs
that he has high standards for a lot of things so pleasing him may be a
challenge with most things.
You cannot please all of the people all of the time, and this goes for RAV
One of the real drawbacks, in getting introduced to RAV via the demo, is
the limited record time.
It truly doesn't do the program justice.
I much prefer seeing the approach taken with RedButton in making the demo
work for a given number of days unrestricted (14 days with RB) than the 5
minute/5 mb restriction with RAV.
It truly doesn't provide much sampling and applying the program in
everyday activities which, in my view, is the better way of demonstrating
the value to the individual.
To do what he wants in the way he wants, he requires greater time to see
all of the features in action.
Truthfully, if it weren't for the podcasts, I would have left RAV behind
not due to anything amiss with the program but the demo time simply didn't
allow me to see how it might simplify my life on an ongoing basis.
With RB, in contrast, I discovered, after a few days, I couldn't be
without it, so I plunked down the $30 or so.
And I had no reason to go with RAV until, for whatever reason, I happened
to stumble on the podcasts.
Yes, I looked at RAV; but given the limited functionality of the demo, it
was hard to appreciate the potential the software offered.
TJ may well be in that boat now.
And, oh yes, I looked at RAV (or its predecessor I should say) a year or 2
back and passed on it.
Sometimes, you just need to look at a piece of software under the right
circumstances to appreciate its benefit to you.