[blindreplay] Re: Your comments needed on Replay AV 8

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 01:47:30 -0800 (PST)

And he preferred the braille display device over synthesized
speech output. The menus have the shortcut letter. For example
alt f then s for settings works with JAWS. alt t brings up the
tools menu bar. The help menu can lead one to the user guide and
then one can hear and learn the various  keyboard shortcuts. I
know you kknow all this. The application key list provides
shortcut letter for each. For example, N for Enter New Show. The
one that doesn't work in there is Duplicate shortcut letter. I
can live with that because pressing the ENTER key also works on
the Duplicate option in the context menu list.

This is all with JAWS.

If it takes me 2-3 extra steps I can live with that. What I do
here is record onto a micro cassette recorder my notes like the
keyboard shortcuts that interests me for future reference.

Over 3 years I guess now the buttons on the main interface were
not labeled for screen readers. There was no menu bar until
Replay AV 8 came out. The application key "context menu" did not
work when using it on the listbox view nor did the keyboard
hotkey for each option in the context menu list.

I can't remember for sure but entering the product key and
activating the key could not be done without changes by Applian
Technologies.

You should have seen how Replay Converter looked like when it
was in beta.

The company now knows how to design an accessible product. Ok
there could be bugs.

They got rid of the enhanced audio drive and now use an audio
driver that works in Vista. This is an amazing accomplishment.

I can go on and on. Today I will get my new notebook PC with
Vista Home Premium on it. This will be my test machine for all
future Applian software they need me to test for them in the
future. I spent $800 on this notebook to assist both Applian and
the overall blind PC community.

Don't remember if I mentioned it but they fixed the Replay AV 8
Buy with Paypal button issue. It works now.

Thanks for being a big fan of Replay AV 8.

Petro