[blindreplay] YouTube

  • From: "Petro Giannakopoulos" <petrogia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:11:09 -0400

Looks like youtube is going to make changes to its media streaming format. I
first noticed this news via the Applian Technologies blog post and from a
computer radio show. The show host said that youtube is moving away from
flash and going to be using H.264 format. I have noticed some youtube
streams as H.264 while RMC 6 is capturing the streams in the RMC 6's list
view area. The Applian blog post says it will happen on April 20. The radio
show host also said that some of the youtube streams will be broken and not
work as they will be converting all videos from flash to H.264 format.
Applian says this will not affect RMC 6 ability to capture your media.