[blindreplay] Re: WGN station stream news

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 18:12:48 -0400 (EDT)

This testing of the new stream player has been going on for some time from
my understanding.
Whether this new stream will totally replace the old one or not, I do not
I'm certain that WGN, being as widely listened to as it is, will quickly
have its stream updated on numerous databases in the event the old one
stops working.
Thus, other than a curiosity, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I just tried connecting to it bia the wgnradio.com website; and had no

What's rather amazing with WGN is that, in the 8 years I've been listening
to streams,
their url has never changed.  In fact, it was the first station I ever
bookmarked; the 2nd one being WMBI-fm Chicago
which had kept the same url until sometime last year when the MOODY
Broadcasting stations adopted a common url structure.

I just ran the url finder on the new WGN stream, it records fine.
Whether it's a static url remaining constant or that will change
regularly, that's something I will now be testing.