[blindreplay] Re: Url Finder Follow-up

  • From: "Kelly Pierce" <kellytalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:02:37 -0500

Mike,

Turning off the stream isn't necessary from a Replay technological
standpoint. For those who use speech synthesis for the output of their
screen reader, mistakes often happen when people can't fully hear the
output of their screen reader when trying to accomplish a new task.
Also, if one is scheduling more than one stream, hearing a different
stream from the one intended to be launched can cause the end user to
be confused.

A stream may have multiple URL's, such as a playlist URL, a proxy URL,
and a pre-roll URL all before the true URL of the stream. Letting the
stream play for a minute ensures that the true URL of the stream is
displayed, which often doesn't happen the moment sound plays from the
speakers.

Kelly Pierce